Sunday, July 24, 2011

End the Lockout, Please?

I am not a huge football fan, but I understand all of my friends tend to be.  I also understand that fall weekend tv is dominated by football.  I am a big Rams fan and AJ and my wife love the Browns.  OK.  I get it.  But when does this offseason end and the preparation for this season begin?  I have had enough of the two sides trying to get the most out of a deal.  Enough, already.  Get it done.  Get back to work.  Start signing some players, so we know who to root for.



As far as my Rams go, I feel like they have a couple of needs that would really push them to the next level.  I feel like they can be a playoff team if they can add a couple of pieces on offense to help out Sam Bradford.  He had an outstanding rookie year and has demonstrated the ability to help the offense progress to respectability.  I think they need to add a back-up running back - Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush??  They also could use help in the receiving corps - Vincent Jackson, Early Doucet?

I don't think they need a superstar, but a couple of good additional weapons for Bradford would go a long way to demonstrating that they are moving in the right direction.  They seem to be committed to winning, but they need to add some pieces to really show it.  I think that they can win their division this year and get back to the playoffs.  They have been missing for quite a few years now.  Let's get back to the years when they were always in the playoffs, and showing the possibility of winning a Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment