Friday, July 22, 2011

Retro Night


Just love those uniforms.  I grew up loving the Phillies, and these have to be my favorite uniforms.  Takes me back to the days of Carlton, Schmidt, Bowa, etc.  Watching Hamels pitch makes me think of "Lefty".  It is completely awesome.  Even the old Padres uniforms are pretty good.  I wish they'd wear them more often.  I like them better than the cream "alternate uniform".

The Lidge, the Lidge, the Lidge is back!!  Brad Lidge is back and active, and it's good for two reasons.  First, he can hopefully help out in the 7th inning when they need a veteran to come in.  Second, he allowed the Phillies to DFA Baez.  He has done absolutely nothing this year.  At least Lidge gives them a good reason to make that happen.

I am even rooting for the Reds this weekend.  I hope they can pull off a couple of wins against the Braves.  As well as the Phils have played, they have not been able to put any distance between themselves and the Braves.  Come on Reds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment