Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Indians and Phillies...

AJ and I will have to watch the same players, it looks like.  Both of our teams - my Phillies and his Indians - need the same types of players down the stretch.  If you watch the rumor sites and listen to the talk, you keep hearing that each team needs an outfielder, and hopefully a pitcher.  In my opinion, the Indians need starting pitching, but there is not much out there.  The Indians don't tend to be "high end spenders", so who knows where that goes.

The story that has more interest is the rumor linking both teams to Carlos Beltran.  I am sure he is better than the outfielders that both teams are sending out there.  I know he would be a better consistent hitter than Domonic Brown, John Mayberry, Ben Francisco, or Raul Ibanez.  I also know that the Indians are short-handed with Sizemore and Choo on the DL.  There are also rumors for Ryan Ludwick and Josh Willingham.  The next 12 days could get quite interesting.

It is really fun for us to both have our teams in first place.  That doesn't happen very often, so we often have debates over who is better.  I know my Phils are, but it's fun to hear him.  Wouldn't that be quite a nice World Series?  Indians vs. Phillies.  We'd have to scramble for tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment